Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time for Drivers Ed...

This afternoon, driving in the mall parking lot some guy, we will name retard, decides he wants to turn out of an isle without stopping. He was only going about 5-10 mph, we Are in a parking lot. Retard looks at me dead in the eye as he continues driving. I don't know what the crap he is doing if he is going to stop or not. Thinking since he saw me, he will probably stop, right? WRONG! Retard doesn't think he needs to stop for oncoming traffic. I honk and with my windows UP, I yell, what the heck are you doing? Are you a retard? He decides he has nothing better to do than bug me even more and completely stops. I cant go around Retard because we are on the main road at the mall and there are cars coming. Oh, there are cars behind us as well. I realize his window is down so I roll mine down and proceed to ask him some questions. In a very demeaning tone, I asked if he knows how to drive and if he even has a drivers license. I then tell him that the gas pedal is on the right, he should try pushing it. He finally starts driving again, we come up to a stop sign, do you think he stops? NOPE! After the stop sign, he pulls to the right a little to pick up his friend. Using this as another opportunity to give him praise for learning a new skill, STOPPING, I roll down my other window to give him another demeaning comment. It made me feel great.

After work today, 4 hours after the mall incident, I stop by the neighborhood Wal-mart. As I'm driving out of the parking lot, pretty much the same exact thing happens. We will call this guy Moron. He turns left in front of me. What makes Moron worse than Retard is Moron had his kids in the car! I don't know if this is Utah County drivers or just Utah drivers in general. I always thought it was common knowledge that you stop in situations like this, especially when there are other cars coming. If I am wrong in this way of thinking, please let me know. I would hate to go my whole life thinking you don't have to stop in these situations. Is this not common sense?

2 comments:

-Kayley- said...

Oh my goodness, Julia! That just made me laugh so hard! I mean, of course that sounds so frustrating (I hear you, belive me...we have our share of idiotic drivers in Cach valley), but your retelling of the story is hilarious. Retard & Moron.....hehe.

Angie said...

That is so funny, but you are such a brat. I have to say that I think it is Utah County drivers. Maybe I'm predjudiced, but I definitely think they are bred to be worse drivers. Why do you think I don't want to live there!!!! Let me know about October! I really hope it can work out!!!!