Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hoot Hoot

Dustin is a celebrity! We went to the Orem Owlz baseball game last night with his work and he got to sing the National Anthem! It was a really fun night, they had a BBQ for us and one of his co-workers got to throw the first pitch. Dustin has never sang the National Antehm in front of so many people before and never at a sporting event. He was a little nervous but still doesn't admit to it. Something about being a man I guess? I may be a little biased but I think he did great! Here is a little snipet of it. Its just the last half, which is also the hardest part.



The game was a lot fun. The Owlz are part of a Pioneer league that feeds into the Angels. The beat the Casper Ghost's 5-3. It wasn't a real high scoring game but they never really are. Sorry, my eyes look really scary in this pic.

They had an awesome firework show after the game for fan appriciation night... It last a total of 5 mins or less. There was a total of 30 fireworks and they let 10 of them off all at one for the finale. It was fun watching what they had though. It made a nice ending to a nice night.

10 comments:

The Gardners said...

Wow! Your hubby has some serious pipes on him! Still love your hair btw!

Megistentialism said...

Wow! He sounded great! How fun!

Angie said...

very cool. That's awesome that he was able to have that experience. You guys are so cute! Any more chats going on about coming out to visit? I really hope you do! Let me know

Norda said...

That is so cool! Sorry it takes me so long to respond...

Yes we should go to a Desert Star show!! I don't think Kendall would mind going to one of those at all. And Shaun Barrowes is totally awesome! I really like his music too, I have a link to his blog page on my blog if you ever want to check it out. He's really talented with piano, voice, and writing music, etc.

Your bday is coming up...any cool plans?

mrsprob said...

The music was great....I would have gone just to hear the National Anthem. Beautiful

Randi said...

Yay, I'm glad I found your blog, now I can blog stalk you :-)
Your hubby has an amazing voice! Congratulations on your marrige, I know I'm a little late!

P.S. said...

Give a hoot, give a holler vote.....
Just kidding! Dustin is awesome. Next time he sings invite us, we want to hear him live in action (that part was serious).

Norda said...

Hey, I just sent you an email on facebook...and I forgot to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! We definately need to do dinner again, or some sort of double date or something! I'm still holding you to be my shopping partner, this baby weight is taking longer to get off than last time I swear...grrr!

Norda said...

Oh, and PS, Dahlia Wright did work at Travis'. When she moved into the ward I went up to her and told her I remembered her and her sister, but she didn't remember me right away. She's awesome though! Don't think she works there anymore...

Gatnnos said...

Way to go Dustin!! Wow!! My BIL is a CELEB!!!!