Have you ever pulled your clothes out of the laundry, especially whites, only to find big grease stains ALL OVER them?? And you know there isnt much you can do because they've already been through the dryer? You can try bleach, but sometimes bleach doesnt even do the trick. The big name stain removers that you can't even get in the stores, who claim to be heavy duty doesnt even lighten the stain. This sounds all to familiar for us. We tried cleaning under the agitator where the leak was coming from. Then tried a small load of towels and didn't notice any new spots. I thought, ok, maybe we can do another load. Yep, came out with bigger & darker spots this time. I talked to my dad and we determined it was the transmission which is fixable but not really worth the fix when we can get a brand new one for not too much more.
Memorial Day we brought home a new washing machine. A.K.A. my new baby! LoL j/k. No, its not the one pictured above. I tried to let him do this one on his own but Im sure some of you remember the dishwasher experience a while back. No worries, I did remind him to turn the water to the machine off before he started unhooking anything. He didn't think he had to but did anyway just in case and was later glad that he did. After he installed it, I turned it on to make sure it would work ok, water didnt leak and it drained normal and all that. It seemed fine and I threw in some towels. It jumped and rocked all over the place!! You would think it was just a balance problem, right? Well, I took ou all but 2 towels. Made sure they were matching so they were the same weight and made sure they were on opposite sides. The dang thing did the same thing so we shut it off. It's obvisouly not a balance problem. I read through all the instructions to make sure we didnt miss anything. The first thing it tells you to do is "With the machine up right, remove the packaging strip. There should be 2 cotter pins attached." So I ask Dustin, did you stand it up before you removed that? Of course he did... not. He didnt understand why it had to be standing up to remove it. Of course, being a man, he didn't want to listen to me. When he pulled the packaging strip out, he couldnt get the whole thing off, it said disgard so he didnt think much of it, cut the strip and threw it away and he couldnt remember seeing any pins. I finally got him to let me look under the washer to see if there was anything. I found the tab that he cut and I pulled on it. This is what I pulled out. Yes, that is a cotter pin!!!
I love my husband so much and am so glad that he is willing to install these kinds of things to make me happy. The washing machine is working great now and I am so happy that I can have clean clothes again with no grease stains!! YAY! THANKS SWEETIE!!!!
3 comments:
you are too funny. You try to make up to Dustin in the end by giving him a compliment? Somehow I don't think he is going to appreciate that. I'm glad that your washing machine is finally working again. Clean clothes are always over-rated. LOL, I'm glad that you finally updated your blog
hahahahahaha that was awesome!
I'm glad you posted this, I never knew there could be so many mishaps with washers...sorry for your trouble though. That whole ordeal seems entirely too frusterating!
Post a Comment