We visited a local apple orchard and took a wagon ride around the orchard. It was a very relaxing ride that I think we all needed. We went to a pumpkin patch so we could carve pumpkins. Unfortunately, only Angie and I got to carve them. We didn't get around to doing them until after Kristi and Keith left Sunday night. We also went to the raspberry farm and picked LOTS of raspberries. Too bad they wouldn't keep for me to bring some home. But they were so good!
The last day I was there, Angie and I went to the Henry Ford museum. It was really neat. He has collected several neat historical things. He has the Kennedy limo that JFK was shot in. It was off getting new windows so we didn't get to see that. But we saw the Oscar Meyer Wiener mobile. The bus that Rosa Parks rode on. We both sat in the seat she sat in. We saw the Lincoln Chair that he was sitting in when he was assassinated. There was a car of the future that was pretty sweet. They also had an exhibit of "Extraordinary Costumes from Film and Television." We saw the Bat Mobile and the Ghost buster car. They were sweet. We weren't allowed to take pics of the costumes. But I took video of the cars and grabbed a snap shot of them. They also had lots of cars, trains, carriages, bikes, TVs etc. Its a really neat museum!



7 comments:
wow, you posted fast! I still have to update about the fam's visit from a couple of weeks ago and then your visit. I miss you guys like crazy. I Had such a blast while you guys were here. I totally wish it could have lasted longer. I Love you and miss you! Thanks again for coming out even though Keith wasn't gone. LOL
It sounds like a fun trip! I also loved The Henry Ford with all the fascinating displays. Ann Arbor is such a cute college town too...we love the mall and the restaurants up there (only an hour's drive). Girls-only trips are the best!
I'm so jealous! It looks like you guys had a blast!! Its so funny, in all of the pictures with just you and Angie, you can totally tell that you are both dancers by the way you are both standing...some things will never change! Yay for good posture and great friends!
I'm glad you had a good time. Looks like a lot of fun. It worked out well because on Friday night when I went out for a girls weekend Dustin kept Dallin company.
so when are we going to hang out and carve pumpkins?
Hey lady! It was fun hanging out in Michigan with you! I'm quite impressed with your pumpkin carving skills. Too bad I missed out on that! The pic of you and Angie at the Ford museum made me laugh. I would never have guessed that you guys were dancers!! :)
FUN times!
i am glad you were able to go.
LOVE MOM
Post a Comment