Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Man

I'm sure you all heard about the horendous traffic yesterday and last night going over the point of the mountain. If you were caught it in, I'm sorry, if you made the trip over the point in less than 2-3 hours, Way to go!! Dustin left his office around 5 and got to my office about 6. So southbound, on the east frontage road, a normal 10 min drive, took him an hour and I think he beat most of the traffic. I didn't want to drive my car because the roads were so terrible, so he came, picked me up and we went to his parents house to address announcements. (Which are done finally, YAY!!) The weather was supposedly going to die down around 10 or so, and Im sure it did, but the point of the mountian was still jam packed and the wind was still blowing like CRAZY! The road between I-15 and Highland was closed. The freeway was finally shut down. They were not letting any cars on to go North bound. It was just really bad, worst storm I have Ever seen here!! So that is why we left my car here. My mom calls me around 10, tells me to turn on the news because the roads were still grid locked and that I need to stay where I was for the night. Well Dustin's wonderful sister-in-law who had been there helping us address invitations let me sleep at her home. Then she brought me in to work this morning. So, because my car was here all night, it totally got plowed in to the parking spot. My dad stopped by and told me it will be fine and I just needed to gun it when I go to get out. Dustin got Jaci to get me away from my desk so he could come and surprise me with 2 DOZEN ROSES!! He tried to get out of the office before I got back to my desk. I went to look out the window when I figured out he actually brought them in himself and caught him bringing a shovel inside. After he brought me the roses, he borrowed a shovel from downstairs and shoveled my car completely out so I wont have any problems when I go to leave. Oh, he did all that in his nice work clothes!! He wrote me the sweetest card and I am just so lucky to have him! I can't wait for us to spend all of eternity together! I am the luckiest girl in the world!! I have the best Valentine in the world!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SWEETIES!!!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Angie said...

yeah I heard it was a crazy snow storm! Did you take any pics? Good thing you didn't sleep at Dustin's house, it's not time yet! I'm also glad that you didn't try to go home in that weather. That was really cute of him to bring you flowers and shovel out your car. You are lucky to have him, but he is more lucky to have you!

Jaci said...

The roses were beautiful! I'm so happy for you! And the countdown is getting so small!!! Happy Valentines Day!

chel wakley said...

He is so nice.. You got a good one..

{Layla} said...

That was really adorable- what a sweetheart! See, doesn't waiting until your older to get married work out in the end--if I would have settled in the past I wouldn't have found such an amazing man! I am so glad that you found a good one too! =)

Emilee said...

That's really sweet that he did that for you. I can't wait for the big day!

The Robinson Family said...

Julia Goolia...How much do I love how happy you are. You look amazing and I am jealous of the bubble you are living in. The feeling before you get married is priceless. It just gets more fun, but I miss the dating days sometimes (can you believe I have been with Tay for almost 6 years!)Keep updating your blog. It's fun to see where you are from across the country. Much love.

Molls